Friday, January 26, 2007

vacation thoughts

We have come back from Mexico. Warm weather there. In the 80's. Compared to Boston's single digit arctic cold....

The resort we stayed at is just gorgeous. It's ocean front, 5 swimming pools, luxury tropical settings all around. Natalie and I had great time when my husband was busy with his conference. We swimmed every day. At sunset time we walked on the beach. We saw swans, peacocks, flamingos in the garden. And we had exotic buffet every day.

But everything couldn't stop her from missing home. Funny when we left from Boston, as soon as we arrived at the airport, she started saying I wanted to go home. And every day she repeated "mom, can we go home? I want to play my trains, I want to eat .... "(something she misses a lot, I don't know what it is). She loves beach, loves swimming, but still her heart was in Boston.

Honestly I missed home too. The tropical weather is pleasant, certainly compares to Boston's single digit, but something is missing there. Surpisingly in the end I concluded living in a place like that is boring. No change of weather, no change of scenery, no change of clothes styles. No pom pom hats, no furry sweaters, no fall foliage, no colorful pumpkins, only T shirts and skirts and bikinis. I love hats, blankets, tights in my pictures. I love the difference of four seasons.

Fortunately, the second day we came back home, we got snow! Natalie loves playing in the snow. More than swimming in the pool. :)



No comments: